May 4th is Market Opening Day at the market!
The Errington Farmers’ Market kicks off the 2019 season in medieval style.
Errington’s beautiful Community Park provides a wonderful forest setting for this gem of a local market, enhanced by great food, live music and a friendly community atmosphere.
Come join us for fun, food, and friendship!
Bring your market basket or reusable bags and check out the variety of vendors for your weekly grocery shopping: local vegetables, fruit, eggs, bread & baking, honey, meat, preserves,as well as artisan handmade soap, jewellery, pottery, fibre arts, plants, flowers, original artwork and so much more!
Coming north take Exit 51 (Parksville / Coombs), turn left onto Alberni Highway (4a) then left onto Errington Road. The Market is 3 km down the road adjacent to
the Errington War Memorial Hall.
Opening day will be even more special, with a variety of special features and entertainment from days of yore. May 4th is Medieval Day at the market! In addition to all of the great regular market happenings, bring your family to enjoy this celebration of spring. Features include:
- Weavers and spinners demonstrating their craft, including spindle spinning, yarn dying and tapestry weaving.
- Live music by Kevin Mitchell on the main stage.
- In the pavilion, create your own spring floral crown using fresh local flowers and greenery.
- Take a ribbon and join in the traditional Maypole dance.
- Enjoy medieval costumes worn by vendors and volunteers, and feel free to wear a costume of your own!
The celebration will continue in the Errington War Memorial Hall, as the Heartwood Home Learners Cooperative hosts a family oriented Medieval Faire beginning at 12:30pm.
This year’s opening day at the Market is going to be a grande aulde tyme.
Bring the whole family and make a day of it!